Terms and conditions
- The following expressions used herewith shall have the meanings respectively assigned to them:
- “Account” means an account held under this scheme;
- “Account Holder” means the person (including partnerships and companies) in whose name the account is held;
- “Agreement” means the application form signed by account holder and these conditions of use;
- “Card” means InterContinental Hotels Group Business Account Card;
- “Card Holder” means any person using a card issued under the scheme;
- “the Company” means InterContinental Hotels Group Services Company, Broadwater Park, Denham, Buckinghamshire, UB9 5HR;
- “Credit Limit” means the total maximum debit balance that is allowed on the Account, the amount of such balance will be determined by the Company;
- “Nominated Site” means an InterContinental Hotels Group branded hotel selling room nights, meeting space, food and beverage as notified from time to time by the Company to the account holder;
- “the Scheme” means The IHG Business Account which is subject to these conditions of use;
- “Scheme Address” means IHG Business Account, One Trinity Court, Broadlands, Wolverhampton, West Midlands, WV10 6UH. Telephone 0845 603 2513;
- “Scheme Agent” means Atos Worldline acting on behalf of the Company to provide services associated to the Scheme;
- “Scheme Helpline” means The IHG Business Account helpline on 0845 603 2513;
- “Supplies” means bedroom nights, meeting room space, food and beverage, as defined in the Agreement
- These definitions include the singular and the plural, also the masculine wherever used within these conditions of use includes the feminine and, where appropriate, the neuter.
- Authorisation by the Company of an agreement under this Scheme permits the Account Holder to use Cards to obtain Supplies for registered Card Holders or those individuals nominated as defined in 2.2 from Nominated Sites. A sales voucher will be issued in respect of each transaction on the account holder statement.
- Completion of an agreement by the Account Holder constitutes the authorisation of the Company to accept any Card issued to the Account Holder’s account in payment for Supplies for the registered named Card Holder or to individuals pre-advised and nominated by the Account Holder in respect of Services supplied to those so nominated.
- The signature by the Card Holder or by an approved signatory for the Card of a sales voucher issued under the scheme shall constitute acceptance by the Account Holder that the details shown on the sales voucher are true and correct in all aspects and that no other conditions affect that transaction except as contained in these conditions of use.
- The completed Agreement authorises the Company to debit the Account the sums contained in each sales voucher.
- The Account Holder’s statutory rights are not affected by the agreement.
- The Account Holder may cancel the Agreement at any time giving 14 days notice in writing to the Company at the Scheme Address. All cards issued to the Account must be returned upon cancellation. All outstanding sums will be debited to the Account and the balance returned to the Account Holder or, where appropriate, a statement will be sent showing the amount outstanding, which must be settled within 14 days
Issue of Cards
- Cards will be issued, at the Company’s discretion, to the Account Holder at Account Holder’s request upon acceptance of the completed agreement and satisfactory financial search of the Account holder by the Company. Further Cards will be issued on the completion of additional Agreement(s), which shall be deemed to become part of the original Agreement.
- Each Card will include the Account Holder’s name and the Card number, which will be encoded into the magnetic stripe on the Card. Each Card Holder must sign the card immediately upon receipt. Cards will remain valid until and including, the date marked on the card unless earlier cancelled by the Company in accordance with this Agreement.
- Cards remain the property of the Company and do not confer any right to receive Supplies. Cards may be cancelled by the Company at any time, provided notice either orally or in writing, has been given to the Account Holder.
- Cancelled Cards must be cut up and returned forthwith to the Company at the Scheme Address. Any cancelled Card presented in connection with a transaction for Supplies will be retained by the Company; a sales voucher will nevertheless be issued for any Supplies already obtained by the Card Holder and the purchase sum debited to the Account.
- The Account Holder shall notify any changes of name or commercial status to the Company at the Scheme Address so that, where necessary, replacement Cards can be issued under the Scheme.
- Faulty or damaged Cards will be replaced by the Company on receipt of such card(s) by the Company at the Scheme Address.
- If any Card is lost, stolen or otherwise no longer in the possession of the Card Holder, the Card Holder shall immediately notify the Account Holder and the Company at the Scheme Address or via the Scheme Helpline. Oral notification shall be confirmed in writing by the Account Holder within 48 hours of the Account Holder becoming aware of the non possession of the Card., The notification date shall be the date of receipt by the Company of the written notification. Until receipt of the written notification by the company the Account Holder shall be liable for all services supplied and charged to the Card that is the subject of non possession.
- The Account Holder is solely responsible for ensuring that each Card Holder is aware of and complies with the Account Holder’s expenses policy (if any) and in particular the nature and scope of the Card Holder’s permitted expenditure under any such policy.
- The Account Holder has a duty of care and is responsible for the proper use of the Card by any Card Holder. The Account Holder shall be liable for all expenditure charged to the Card by any Card Holder whether or not this expenditure was (i) authorised by the Account Holder and/or (ii) permitted under the Account Holder’s expenses policy.
- The Account Holder may cancel any Card upon receipt by the Company of written notification and return of the Card at the Scheme Address. Until receipt of the written notification and the Card is received by the Company the Account Holder shall be solely liable for all services supplied and charged to the Card that is the subject of cancellation.
- The Account Holder shall indemnify the Company against all other claims, cost and expenses incurred by the Company arising from theft, loss or misuse of card(s), whether fraudulent or not or occurring as a result of any breach by the Account Holder of these conditions of use.
- The Company shall not be liable to the Account Holder for any loss, damage, cost or expense suffered as a result of failure to provide supplies under the Scheme.
- The Company shall debit the Account monthly with the aggregate sum of outstanding sales vouchers.
- An online statement showing the amount to be debited from the Account Holder will be issued to the Account Holder within 3 working days following the last day of each calendar month.
- All sums owing to the Company by the Account Holder as shown on the statement described in 4.2 shall be paid by means of the Direct Debit mandate contained in the Agreement. The direct debit will be enacted by the Scheme agent acting on behalf of the Company on the 21st day of each calendar month or on the next banking day in England and Wales thereafter.
- A credit limit equalling the Account Holders estimated monthly spend will be applied to the Account. If Account Holder’s credit limit is exceeded the Company reserves the right to close the Account . All outstanding sums will be debited to the Account and a statement will be sent showing the amount outstanding, which must be settled within a further 14 days.
- The information given on the application form by the Account Holder to the Company will be stored on computer in the UK and in the USA and may be transmitted to the USA via a non EEA country and used for the administration of the Account. The Company and the Scheme Agent are both registered with the Information Commissioner as a “data controller” under the Data Protection Act 1998.
- To help the Company and its nominated Scheme Agent make credit decisions about Account Holders, to prevent fraud and to check the identity of new account holders, Scheme Agent and/or the Company will where necessary and appropriate search the files of credit reference agencies and the Scheme Agent will record any credit searches on file. The information may be used by other credit grantors for making credit decisions about the account holder and the people with whom the account holder is financially associated for the prevention of fraud, establishing credit worthiness and occasionally for tracing debtors. Signature by the Account Holder of this Agreement will serve as authorisation for the Company to use such information as specified.
- The Company shall be entitled to vary or amend this Agreement at any time by notice in writing to the Account Holder.
- The Company may assign or transfer the Agreement and any or all of its rights and liabilities under the Agreement.
- The Account Holder may not assign or transfer the Agreement and any or all of its rights and liabilities under the Agreement without approval by the Company.
- The Agreement shall be interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and the parties shall submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of England.
- InterContinental London Park Lane does not accept Business Advantage as a payment method and therefore is not a participating hotel.